International Anti-Fur Coalition (IAFC) is an AR movement founded in 2006 to focus on the atrocities
of the fur trade, in which hundreds of millions of rabbits and over 95 million animals are brutally killed each year for their fur. The coalition gathers over 50 anti-fur organizations worldwide, working to bring an end to the fur industry through simultaneous ‘global days of action’ like demonstrations, ‘information days’ and special events held regularly all over the world.
Unity for the Anti-Fur Cause
IAFC’s significance resides in its union. Our global united voice is much louder than that of each of us alone. While you may never hear about local anti-fur struggles, once they become global, they gain attention and media coverage, which raises awareness. This allows us to help each other in the political field. We update each other about our politicians and bills and help each other pursue anti-fur bans. Thanks to social media and the web, IAFC is growing via networking and collaboration with anti-fur organizations worldwide.
- Our worldwide aim is to close down the fur industry.
- Governments should legislate and enforce laws against the fur industry.
- Humans have an obligation of compassion and protection for animals.
- We unite our voice and strength, internationally, on behalf of animals.
- International lobbying in order to ban the sale of fur.
- Supporting IAFC members to pass bills to ban the sale of fur, each member in its own country.
- Raising awareness via social media, YouTube and other platforms.
- Creating anti-fur ads, printing banners for public places, and flyers for information tables.
Our ultimate goal is not only making fur history – a thing of the past, out of fashion and sight – but also out of law. Fur should be not only immoral but also illegal. Making fur illegal is an idea that should not sound surrealistic, as the world is evolving, whether furriers like it or not.
It’s our duty to raise awareness, by giving a voice to animals, about the cruel and immoral fur industry. It' s our mission to convey the message that unless we change our attitude towards animals, our grandchildren would soon enough only be able to see furry animals in museums – not so unreal since every second, more than one animal is brutally killed for its fur simply for greed and a sick fashion.
How IAFC is Funded
IAFC is funded only by the contributions of members who want to make a donation for the international fight against fur (membership is free). IAFC uses funds only in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, as we have NO paid staff. We all are very committed and dedicated activists/animal advocates, volunteering each in our respective fields, which allows IAFC to channel donations directly to its anti-fur actions and goals.
- With the help of volunteer artists, IAFC launched the ‘Skinned’ Alive song and video clip, viewed and heard worldwide, with the aim of exposing the suffering and murder of animals by the fur industry. China has been a major focus for IAFC during our first years on account of the attention they received via the Olympic Games, plus the fact that China is the largest producer of fur. At the time of the Chinese New Year, IAFC members held successful annual global protests at Chinese embassies worldwide.
- For international days of protests like the “Worldwide Fur Free Friday”, we easily reach over 150 coordinated demonstrations, on all continents, the world over. Thanks to our union, The Worldwide Fur Free Friday became the biggest anti-fur global action in the world.
IAFC is leading the catalyst bills to ban the sale of fur (furriers’ worst nightmare all over the world).
- For the latest updates on IAFC, regularly visit our website and Facebook page.
Meet the Founder
IAFC was founded by Jane Halevy Moreno; Vegan Animal Rights activist and mom of 2 boys. Jane decided to focus her efforts on the fur industry when she first saw the horrific footage of animal suffering imposed by this despicable, very cruel "Blood Fashion".
“I saw a beautiful animal torn apart, brutally beaten, then hanged by his legs to be skinned alive and thrown into a pile of other dead bodies. I saw darkness and how hell looks on earth for the animals that humans failed to protect,” says Jane. For the last 15 years, she has been organizing and participating in countless animal rights protests and coordinating worldwide anti-fur protests, together with an amazing IAFC team; All very dedicated and passionate about helping to put an end to this atrocity. Fur industry victims cannot speak or fight back, but we can.
Message from the Founder: To All Animal Rights activists worldwide, Animal Revolutionary People! Thank you for all you do, for standing up and speaking up for those who cannot, for never giving up the struggle. Everything we do does matter: We have to keep supporting and inspiring each other on our path and our will to seek justice. "They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds." Always keep in mind that people will try to silence you, pull you away and down, harm and bury your projects, but your deeds for helping 'others' are seeds, and seeds cannot be buried. So thank you for caring, sowing, acting and making a difference. Jane Halevy Moreno.
“Activism is my rent for living on the planet” - Alice Walker
IAFC is a proud member of the Netzkraft Movement: https://www.netzkraft.net/